• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 3D applications

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the master suite  plan and I am supposed to have access to all the design application for my subcription, why do I have to pay for these new 3D applications. They should be part of my subscription.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are not. check your plan inclusions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a temptation to assume the "All Apps" terminology in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan means more than it actually does.

If you have an All Apps subscription, you have access to all the apps specifically included in the Creative Cloud plan. See this link for what is included:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/all-apps.html#cc-see-whats-included

Adobe makes many other apps which are not included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.

Substance 3D is a separate plan which requires a separate subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I do assume the "terminology” all apps means all apps. It can't mean anything else. I realize adobe can say these are not included,  but it's pretty tacky to say you will get all the designer apps for said fee and all upgrades when released,  then bring on new apps and not include them. Pretty tacky and greedy in my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get your point although Adobe is very clear on what is included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.

Agreed the term All Apps can't mean anything else in and of itself but, in the Adobe ecosystem, it's a subset of all Adobe software titles. It means all apps which Adobe classifies as part of the Creative Cloud, not all apps made by Adobe.

There are other Creative Cloud options including Photography Plans and various Individual Apps plans.

I recall that forum regulars did get excited when Adobe acquired Allegorithmic and their 3D technology. However, there was widespread disappointment when Adobe announced that Substance apps would only be available via a separate subscription plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as mentioned by @John Waller, "all apps" means "all creative cloud apps".  adobe makes many other apps that are not part of creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@billh356 

i never paid attention before but the other day i noticed:

kglad_0-1677536090252.png

so, i'm not sure how long that's been so prominently displayed.  might be one week or years for all i know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance 3D is not included in Creative Cloud. 

Most Creative Cloud designers don't require sub-specialty tools.

Substance 3D is by separate subscription for those who need it.  The same as Adobe Stock Images,  Captivate (e-learning) tools and Adobe Experience Manager.

For Creative Cloud users, there is still Dimension 3D, however it is no longer in active development and no new features are planned for Dimension.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I neglected to provide links to Dimension, sorry.  Here you go.

https://www.adobe.com/products/dimension.html

System Requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/system-requirements.html

Dimension 3D Tutorials

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/tutorials.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines