Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offset issue on transfprmation2D node

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! 

I'm playing with Transformation node and I'm stuck. 

When I expose Offset (Float2, Transform Offset) it works until I change the rotation, 

With different rotation entry, my planes follow the rotation and Offset goes different direction, shape goes different direction. 

How can I make my offset follow the rotation entry direction? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you want the X and Y to remain Horizontal and Vertical rather than being rotated, just follow the 2D node with the rotation with a second 2D node for the offset.

2021-11-10_22-42-52.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! Thank you for the quick response. 

Thats actually how I published my node but because Offset is on different Transformation node, when the tiling is on, it's breaking. However if I can get what I want in the same transformation node, the tiling wont break. 

I'll attached a screenshot the one with the different transformation node that only controls offset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach your SBS file (or an SBS file just containing the relevant elements) and I'll take a look and see if there is a better way

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! You can find the sbs file attached to the thread.

Please let me know if there is anything in the graph thats unclear. 

Best,

Deniz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would turn off tiling in the first 2D transform node (Absolute - No Tiling) and leave the second 2D transform to do the tiling.

Incidentally you have exposed the Tiling Mode in the material. That only works in Designer and will be hidden if exported as sbsar. See below:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sddoc/exposing-a-parameter-102400062.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dave! 

I still get seams when I play around with the offset values. 

The only way I can think of to avoid seams is use the offset value on the same Transformation2D node. The issue with that is when the rotation is altered, ofset and the shape goes direction. 

I need a fucntion in offset value to follow rotation degree. 

Thanks again, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines