Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins & Custom assets

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Since Adobe is using a different install location, how do I transfer all the custom assets and materials I had setup in Substance Painter and Designer? I'm missing all of them since it installed.
Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Hello!

In simple terms, the default locations for plugins and custom assets change from an Allegorithmic/Substance Designer folder (A) to an Adobe/Adobe Substance 3D Designer folder (B). The organisation of all files and folders within has not changed. You may thus move your content from folders A to B.

Watched Library folders in Project fileWatched Library folders in Project file

For all custom content which was not saved to a default location – such as the Documents folder – please note you can point Substance 3D Designer to yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

In simple terms, the default locations for plugins and custom assets change from an Allegorithmic/Substance Designer folder (A) to an Adobe/Adobe Substance 3D Designer folder (B). The organisation of all files and folders within has not changed. You may thus move your content from folders A to B.

Watched Library folders in Project fileWatched Library folders in Project file

For all custom content which was not saved to a default location – such as the Documents folder – please note you can point Substance 3D Designer to your custom content by setting up a Project file in the software.

Project files let you add custom folders as watched folders for Library content and Plugins in the corresponding tabs.

Library content can then be curated in the application and loaded Plugins are listed in the Plugin Manager.

Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance on this topic.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Luca!
That worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines