• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish sbsar option missing (Substance Edition)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Substance edition, version 11.2.2 build 5117:

ZephyriaMifuyne_0-1635666911424.png

I do not have the option to publish a substance graph to SBSAR format in the context menu, nor is the button for it available in the Explorer panel. I followed the documentation page on publishing SBSAR:

ZephyriaMifuyne_2-1635667115208.png

I tried searching to see if this is an expected behaviour for Substance Edition, but I had no luck finding an answer.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Hi Luca,

Thank you! While I didn't have PySide2 installed, it did occur to me to look in Designer's console panel. Turns out I had some old packages in the Python 3.7 site-packages folder (using 3.9.7 now), and it was trying to load shiboken2 from there. Removing that fixed my problem.

Thank you very much for looking into this! I'm thrilled to have a fully functional Substance 3D Designer now 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mifuyneh,

Publishing options are not available for a Substance 3D file (SBS) in the following cases:

• No graph is exposed. You may check the exposed status of a graph by clicking on the graph item in the Explorer panel to display its properties, then find the value of the Exposed in SBSAR property in the Properties panel. This value must be True for at least one graph in the package.
  • No exposed graph has at least one Output node. These nodes provide the bitmap output(s) for a Substance 3D asset (SBSAR).

Please check for these conditions and let me know the outcome.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your response! I checked and the material I tried to publish have multiple outputs and exposed in SBSAR is turned on. I tried creating a new substance graph using the metallic/roughness template and still do not see the option to publish:

Mifuyneh_0-1635884012594.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mifuyneh,

Thank you for following up on this issue.

I had not noticed at first, but the Explorer panel is missing buttons in its toolbar.

Adobe_Substance_3D_Designer_A6rnHFYIYq.png

This image shows the expected items which should be present in the Explorer toolbar, regardless of the package one is working on.

Please note the Send to Sampler/Painter/Stager option should be absent in your case, as your are using the Substance edition of Designer which does not include interoperability features.

It is possible a component did not load properly. Please open the Help menu and select the Report a bug option. In the Bug report dialog, please input a link to this thread into the Description field and make sure the Send additional information checkbox is checked. This will provide me with helpful logs and settings files for your Designer working environment.

Thank you for your help and patience!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug report sent!

I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling Substance 3D Designer (and Substance Designer before it was rebranded). See if that can help fix my problem. Should I wait for the follow-up to the bug report before trying a fresh install?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem (missing icons in Explorer window) with a new install of Designer. Should I also submit a bug report? I have tried reinstalling multiple times with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mifuyneh and @Jake Moskowitz,

Thank you both for your pateince regarding this issue. and thank you @Mifuyneh for the bug report. I have retrieved it and investigated the log.

In the log I have found Python errors impacting Publishing and Interoperability scripts, which is most likely the reason why the buttons related to these features are not appearing in the Explorer toolbar.

Note: Interoperability features are only available in the Adobe Substance 3D Texturing/Collection offers.

I will investigate the possible cause for these errors and let you know about our recommended course of action.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

The issue may be caused by conflicting PySide2 installations. You may check for an existing PySide2 installation by starting a Python command line and trying to import PySide2. This should fail if there is an existing global installation.

λ python
Python 3.9.6 (tags/v3.9.6:db3ff76, Jun 28 2021, 15:26:21) [MSC v.1929 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import PySide2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PySide2'

If the command succeeds, you need to uninstall the global installation of PySide2 so that Designer can use its bundled installation without interference.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

Thank you! While I didn't have PySide2 installed, it did occur to me to look in Designer's console panel. Turns out I had some old packages in the Python 3.7 site-packages folder (using 3.9.7 now), and it was trying to load shiboken2 from there. Removing that fixed my problem.

Thank you very much for looking into this! I'm thrilled to have a fully functional Substance 3D Designer now 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mifuyneh,

This is great news! I am glad you were able to fix the issue, and have made a note of how you fixed it.

I appreciate your patience and help!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem but I don't know how to check if there are problems with python, what should I look for? I tried your PySide2 test but it is not installed. 

Thanks for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @UmbraStudios,

You may send me Designer's log file. In Designer's main menu, select the Help > Export log file... option to export the log.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same problem here. Unfortunately, I did not understand the Python thing... Sorry to disturb you, can you explain please ? I've tried to export a log here but this website do not support the file ? I don't really know what to do, and I have a work to finish soon... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines