• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about "Aged Wood Planks: 02 - Creating the planks pattern" video on the Youtube Channel

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i'm totally new to Substance Designer and only just started few days ago and so far i'm loving the tutorials i found on the official channel, as they are really well explained.
I'm having a small issue though related to the "Aged Wood Planks: 02 - Creating the planks pattern" video, around 17:20 min, where it shows how the pattern of the nails mask follows the input parameters as it's getting changed from 2 to 3 and then 4. In my case my nails mask disappear when i move to 3 and 4, but i'm totally sure i followed the process of editing those simple functions twice already.
What am i missing? I'd be happy if anybody could help me with this, feeling like my brain is about to burst lol.
I'm using SD 12.4 by the way.

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Hello,

The issue is caused by the white areas of the mask not being pure white, while the masking threshold value in the Tile Sampler node is 1.0 (I.e., pure white). Lowering this threshold a bit fixes the issue, as demonstrated in the attached video.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I am happy to help! Can you please send me the Substance 3D file (SBS) of your project, so I can assess what is causing the issue? Feel free to send it out as a direct message if you do not wish to disclose the file publicly.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The issue is caused by the white areas of the mask not being pure white, while the masking threshold value in the Tile Sampler node is 1.0 (I.e., pure white). Lowering this threshold a bit fixes the issue, as demonstrated in the attached video.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the best! Thanks ever so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the kind words, have fun learning Designer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines