• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about UDIM to UDIM transfer texture from Mesh

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially I'm trying to bake the textures of a model that has over 100 tiles to the same model with 10 better packed tiles. My understanding is Designer can't load UDIM sets in the 'Transferred Textures from Mesh' Baker Paremters even though I am using a UDIM set named "texture_[udim]" in the load from resources dialogue. When I bake it seems to choose only a single tile from the UDIM set I want to bake from and bakes that onto my 10 tiles. Is this correct? Designer can't use UDIMs to bake from? 

gavijn25494013srkk_0-1659469921040.png

TOPICS
Bakers , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Hi @gavijn25494013srkk@Ioan25985093nz0p  and @marekb22187191,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, our bakers don't support the UDIM workflow, therefore reprojecting UDIM into less UDIM won't work properly. We are aware this is an expected feature, but I can only ask you to be patient. 

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im serching for this in my photogrametry workflow too, please add this funkcionality 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do the same thing.

I am trying to reproject 10udims into 5udims.

Even though my mesh has only 5 udims, I still get 10 udims exported after render.

But cant seem to make it work. Is there any documentation about this workflow? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gavijn25494013srkk@Ioan25985093nz0p  and @marekb22187191,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, our bakers don't support the UDIM workflow, therefore reprojecting UDIM into less UDIM won't work properly. We are aware this is an expected feature, but I can only ask you to be patient. 

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just wanted to check and see if there were any updates to this potential feature. I am also trying to do a UDIM to UDIM texture transfer in Substance Designer. If the feature isn't implemented yet, are there any workarounds I could try? I was thinking maybe splitting up my model by UDIM tile and baking the tiles one by one in SD, but I have yet to test the theory. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines