• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Coat Color" in white color

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to paint "Coat Color" in white color.

Even if I put white color bitmap in "Coat Color", it becomes transparent.

Do you have a plan?

Coated.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Hello,

The clear coat gets its color by approximating an absorption effect. Absorption is subtractive, so while you may be able to subtract light and shift color to a different hue of lower luminance, you cannot make it brighter and push it to white.

For your specific need, you may lower the saturation of the base color, which should make it look like the coating pushes the underlying color to white, although it is the underlying color itself which is doing that.

I hope this is clear enough,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The clear coat gets its color by approximating an absorption effect. Absorption is subtractive, so while you may be able to subtract light and shift color to a different hue of lower luminance, you cannot make it brighter and push it to white.

For your specific need, you may lower the saturation of the base color, which should make it look like the coating pushes the underlying color to white, although it is the underlying color itself which is doing that.

I hope this is clear enough, let me know if you need further assistance!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines