• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SBSAR crashes Substance Player

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built an SBSAR that I need to export frames from over time in Substance Player. When I open it in SP, the program either crashes or gives me this error:

Linking : Linker Version 8.1.0 0x2c523eda Dec 7 2021

Linking : Started.

Linking : Done

Cannot load Substance 3D binary file

Is there a way to debug this? There were no signiciant errors in the console when exporting the SBSAR from Designer. I've been able to open different versions of the file in SP before. It's been a journey.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Hello again Luca, we've discussed this over email somewhat. I think I've zeroed in on the problem. The photoshop script I was using to output bitmaps was saving the files as 8 bit indexed PNGs. I converted all my linked bitmaps to PNG24 and most of my problems crashing substance player or packaging SBSAR files have been resolved. 

It was kind of illusive because the PNG8 files worked some of the time. Thanks for all the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Casey,

Can you send me the Substance 3D file (SBS) and Substance 3D asset (SBSAR) involved in this issue? This will help assess the problem accurately.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Luca, we've discussed this over email somewhat. I think I've zeroed in on the problem. The photoshop script I was using to output bitmaps was saving the files as 8 bit indexed PNGs. I converted all my linked bitmaps to PNG24 and most of my problems crashing substance player or packaging SBSAR files have been resolved. 

It was kind of illusive because the PNG8 files worked some of the time. Thanks for all the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Casey,

Thank you for the update, this is interesting information! I am glad you were able to solve the problem, and I have shared these results with the team.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines