• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SBSAR procedural export limitation, Bug or did i missed something? I can not ...

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to establish better link with Substance and Houdini , trying to get the best of both worlds. Basically, if I create and get some asset a look made in substance of a given procedural shader like an edge and scratch procedural wearing material recreat live the mesh dependency map directly in Houdini, without any export, baking in substance, importing back blablabla...

When I link that AO and curvature with an external prebake EXR map it's work (after I have to fix a naming error in the Lab tools) but not when I try to "live" connect.

The input image plane for the occlusion doesn't seem to be recognized and taken into consideration in the SBSAR processing, the odd thing is I use the same thing for the curvature and everything is accepted.

I, I mean We the studio will appreciate your suggestions..

thanks

Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)

http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas

TOPICS
Bakers , Bugs & Crashes , General , Import & Export , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for reaching out!

Can you send me the Substance 3D asset (SBSAR) and input maps you are using, and ideally the Substance 3D file (SBS) file the Substance 3D asset was published from? You may send this content out to me in a direct message if you do not wish to disclose it publicly. Alternatively, I can provide a link for safe upload, let me know what you prefer.

If you use command line tools to render the outputs of the Substance 3D asset (e.g. SBSRender), please include the specific commands used.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines