• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling sbs material without repeating tiles?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I switched to SD from  Filter forge.   What I am still missing from Filter forge is an ability to scale  material gradually   to whatever pixel per detail ratio I need .

Whatever I do in Substance Designer  looks ok for a scale I started initially.    40x40 bricks  for example  . or 3x6 meters of surface. etc.   

Whenever we need to change texel size  or to clump a texture to a specific size  I.e. to  change pixel per cm  ratio  Substance material is no more looking realistic    because some of input noises are scalable  , others not  that well by integers only  and other kinds are not scalable at all.   

Switching form factor like 2x2 to 1x2 is never a safe opperation too.

It's a huge drawback  IMO  since a half of our repeating  textures  are clumped to a specific size . A fence/wall height for example and doesn't have the perfectly same texel size evrywhere.

So I wonder how could I workaround it?   By using a single same well scalable noise  for everything ?   what do you think is Filter forge  magic trick for that?  Surely it should be recreatable.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?