Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SD export/sbsrender difference between exr/tiff colorspace

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

My project is setup to use legacy color manegment.

When exporting in UI or sbsrender, the results are different between exr/tiff. Exr are slighty brighter.

Any ideas why switching format results in different outputs?

Ex:

sbsrender render test.sbsar --output-path export_exr/ --output-format exr --output-bit-depth 32f --set-value '$outputsize@10,10' --output-colorspace Linear

sbsrender render test.sbsar --output-path export_tiff/ --output-format tiff --output-bit-depth 32f --set-value '$outputsize@10,10' --output-colorspace Linear
TOPICS
Bakers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thank you Luca, I was viewing in Nuke but I've made some mistake, now when double checking they are matching!

Consider this solved... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaultv2u57swgo2x8,

Thank you for reaching out!

In addition to the SBSRender command you thoughtfully included, I would like the following information:

• What environment are you using to check the exported images: importing them back into Designer, loading them into a specific image viewer, some other environment?
  • Open the Edit menu and select the Preferences option. In the Preferences window, select the Projects section. In the Project files list, select the last item listed, then select the General tab and scroll that section to find the Image format settings. Select the EXR tab and let me know if the Use Float setting is checked
  • Please share the Substance 3D file (SBS) and bitmap resources involved in reproducing the issue on your system

I appreciate your patience!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Luca, I was viewing in Nuke but I've made some mistake, now when double checking they are matching!

Consider this solved... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

Thank you for following up, I am glad the issue is now solved!

Feel free to get back to me if you need further assistance, and have fun with the Substance 3D tools!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines