• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Send to' option not available in ADOBE version of substance designer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see the 'send to player' option in the dropdown, nothing else. I am using the adobe version with a student license. Do I have to enable it anywhere? I see nobody else experiencing this issue, except for steam users but I am not using it on steam.

TOPICS
General , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Hello @Aryan229176685j08,

Thank you for providing the log file.

The version installed through an installer downloaded on Substance3d.com is the Substance edition, and does not include interoperability features such as Send to, as these rely on librairies included in the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

This version is identified by the "(Substance edition)" suffix in the application's title bar and Help menu's About... dialog.

Interoperability features are exclusive to the version insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me Designer's log file so I can investigate the issue. You may export it using the Help > Export log file... option in Designer's main menu.

Also, you may refer to the Send to page of Designer's documentation for the expected behaviour of this feature.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for replying, the log is attached to this reply. Uh, one more question, the adobe version is the same as the version on the substance website because Adobe owns it right? Because I looked into it more and I might not have the adobe version, but the substance version so that might be the case if they're different products; I'm just really confused at this point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the log file.

The version installed through an installer downloaded on Substance3d.com is the Substance edition, and does not include interoperability features such as Send to, as these rely on librairies included in the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

This version is identified by the "(Substance edition)" suffix in the application's title bar and Help menu's About... dialog.

Interoperability features are exclusive to the version installed through the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

I hope this clears things up!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks a lot for clearing that up, have a good one

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines