• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart auto tile blurs the material?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess it's because of the crop it uses.   How can I modify it the way it wouldn't change pixels outside boder areas?      What the mask input  is doing there?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kirkr5689,

Please share a screenshot and a Substance 3D file (SBS) demonstrating the issue occurring. This would help me assess the problem accurately.

Thank you for your help!

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirkr5689_0-1631889950433.png

My guess it's because  SD doesn't have a "snap to pixel grid" option like a normal image editor .  But why it have to scale the central part of an image at all while we need only borders to be made tilable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kirkr5689,

Thank you for providing the helpful Substance 3D file and additional details.

To blend the image borders gracefully, the Smart auto tile node needs to rearrange the image borders and blend the rearranged portions with the center area. This blending requires that the center area and the borders overlap, which means the centre area needs to be enlarged.

This operation is performed with a Material crop nodes which filtering method is currently set to Bilinear. This will indeed bring some blurring to the image.

Regarding the Mask input, it lets the user apply a custom mask to control which portion of the border areas should be impacted by the Smart auto tile node. This can help bring in further disruption to the border blending using an external image.

I hope this is informative!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be same in Sampler ?     I am not sure why but also got kind of blurry  textures from Sampler  when tried it last time.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The Make it tile filter in Sampler is based on a different implementation. I suggest reaching out to the Sampler team in the Community Support board for Substance 3D Sampler so they can provide an accurate reply.

Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines