Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Adobe fonts not showing up in text node

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Mrs Eaves from Adobe fonts, It shows up everywhere (eg Photoshop, MS Powerpoint) but not as an option in the text node in Substance Designer.

I am running latest version of Adobe Substance 3D Designer (CC version, updated) on Windows 10. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you

TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Hello,

As @davescm correctly stated, fonts procured from Adobe Fonts are stored and managed differently from system fonts. These fonts need to be supported directly by the application.

At this time, we have no plans to share for support of these fonts. I appreciate your patience!

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, the node only shows fonts installed and stored in the Windows > Fonts directory.

Activated CC fonts are stored elswhere (in C: > Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Coresync > \plugins > livetype>\ r).

Whether there are any plans for the node to read and use those fonts will need a staff member to comment.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave.

I tried to go to that location in the windows file folder - but there aren't any actual font files. If there were I could copy and paste into the windows font folder and it would work.

I just contacted Adobe teh support via chat and they are looking into this. But Designer is not really working with Adobe Fonts yet. Like Photoshop does. And that's unfortunate. Because I think you need to go through Designer if you want to get a font into painter. Amd Adobe won't let you download their fonts to the windows font folder. So the only way that I could see would be if designer could sync with Adobe fonts like Photoshop.

Thank you. I'll keep you posted on what I hear from Adobe. There is a ticket open on this issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font files are in the location I gave, within the r folder, but they are packaged differently to the fonts in the Windows Fonts folder. You can see an XML manifest in the c folder, under the same path.

I'd be interested in any feedback you get.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information Dave. I'll post an update when I hear back from Adobe.

1. Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant seem to find the \Coresync folder? any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows, and do you have 'show hidden items' checked in Windows Explorer?

The path is  C: > Users > yourusername > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Coresync > plugins > livetype > r

Note : It won't help you access those activated Adobe fonts as they are packaged differently to fonts in the Windows fonts folder

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

As @davescm correctly stated, fonts procured from Adobe Fonts are stored and managed differently from system fonts. These fonts need to be supported directly by the application.

At this time, we have no plans to share for support of these fonts. I appreciate your patience!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines