• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spreadsheet and viewer node for pixel and value processors

Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance Designer pixel processors are so undeciferable puzzle usually coming after Blender. Why not have a spreadshit with values showing what exact data is coming through in each node. I also love math node in Blender where I can just switch the math instead of reconnecting new nodes.

Make it possible at least to show resulting values for math nodes  and some indication single value vs field etc.

TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could see that working for some uses but the pixel processor could have for example 16 million values (one for each pixel in 4096 x 4096 size). A spreadsheet is not going to help there as the result.

What I sometimes do is replace the part of the graph that gets the value - e.g. sample gray /sample colour and temporarily replace that with a Float1 ( or Float4 if sampling colour). Similarly with other 'Get' values. That, plus quickly changing the output function node to different places within a graph allows fairly quick debugging.

On the math node with switchable math, instead of separate nodes for each math function - I agree that would be useful.

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines