• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Designer Ornaments to A cloth created on Marvelous designer.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone
I recently developed some ornaments in substance Designer to add to a dress that I create in Marvelous designer. The problem is that I can't find a way to export each PNG image in transparency and what to do to adapt these ornaments to the different parts of the dress, which are curved.

TOPICS
Bakers , How to , Import & Export , Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using an Alpha Merge node to add an alpha channel to the output (example below):

2021-11-22_21-24-11.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaultn651bb0rv5mp,

The best method for having the ornaments match the curvature of the fabric depends on how the fabric is deformed and how the model is unwrapped. If the fabric is deformed in the model (e.g. using a physics simulation in Marvelous Designer) yet the UVs remained straight, then applying the ornaments can be as simple as laying them out in a straight row along the UVs and they will bend and deform to match the geometry.

If that is unclear or non applicable to your use case, you may share images of the mesh and its UVs so we can recommend a suitable method.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't know much about clo 3d, but in substance I tried to UV one of the garments to adapt the strip with ornaments. I've tried directional warp, but only got close.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and helpful screenshots. Having a pattern follow the border of a shape is a challenging task in Designer. Here is an example of pattern deformation along curve by Ilya Kuzmichev.

Because the border you are trying to match describes an arc which is close to a circle, you may use these nodes:

• Cartesian to Polar: shape warps to curcle but loss of quality, use a Transformation 2D node to scale shape to fit the radial mapping, then clip pattern using the Cropping Area parameter of a Blend node
  • Shape splatter: shape does not warp to circle but retains quality, clip pattern using the Luminance by Pattern Number parameter, then feeding the output to a Histogram Scan

 

Adobe_Substance_3D_Designer_RVmkMSUJ09.png

I hope this is helpful!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines