Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Substance Designer Ornaments to A cloth created on Marvelous designer.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone
I recently developed some ornaments in substance Designer to add to a dress that I create in Marvelous designer. The problem is that I can't find a way to export each PNG image in transparency and what to do to adapt these ornaments to the different parts of the dress, which are curved.

TOPICS
Bakers, How to, Import & Export, Substance Graph, Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using an Alpha Merge node to add an alpha channel to the output (example below):

2021-11-22_21-24-11.jpg

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
13 hours ago 13 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultn651bb0rv5mp,

The best method for having the ornaments match the curvature of the fabric depends on how the fabric is deformed and how the model is unwrapped. If the fabric is deformed in the model (e.g. using a physics simulation in Marvelous Designer) yet the UVs remained straight, then applying the ornaments can be as simple as laying them out in a straight row along the UVs and they will bend and deform to match the geometry.

If that is unclear or non applicable to your use case, you may share images of the mesh and its UVs so we can recommend a suitable method.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo
QA Analyst
Substance 3D Designer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines