Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Designer SBSAR - Change Bitmaps Within Painter / Houdini

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!!!

I want to export a SBSAR file out of Designer that allows me to be able to pull any maps off of my hard drive to sub out Diffuse, Normal, AO, Roughness input maps. What can I do in Designer to make an dynamic image input that allows me to have the option to pull image maps off of my hard drive inside of Painter / Houdini or whatever uses SBSAR files?

The goal is to be able to dynamicly change input maps and still run through sbsar node tree. I am assuming this is possible but I am a noobie. Hope you can help.

Vincent Griffith

TOPICS
General , How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Hi @Vincent284329373bos,

Thanks for your message.

To be sure I get your request well and cover multiple aspects :

First of all, inside Substance 3D Designer you can use the input color/grayscale node to create input for your graph. When you'll publish your SBSAR from your graph, it will keep these inputs.

From this, you can create a new graph, drag and drop your new SBSAR and load any image from the Hard Drive by simply drag and dropping them anywhere in the canvas (Substance Designer will t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vincent284329373bos,

Thanks for your message.

To be sure I get your request well and cover multiple aspects :

First of all, inside Substance 3D Designer you can use the input color/grayscale node to create input for your graph. When you'll publish your SBSAR from your graph, it will keep these inputs.

From this, you can create a new graph, drag and drop your new SBSAR and load any image from the Hard Drive by simply drag and dropping them anywhere in the canvas (Substance Designer will turn the images into bitmaps). You can now link any personnal image to the SBSAR inputs.

Inside Substance 3D Painter, the SBSAR will also perfectly work with any custom image you'll import.

And if your goal is to get the result of your SBSAR without the help of another software, it is possible to use sbsrender (which is included in the installation of Substance Designer). It is a command line tool that can help you generate images from your SBSAR without the assistance of another software.

Feel free to contact me if you need any more guidance.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines