Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tile Random Squashing Tiles

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I know that this is what the Tile Random node does, however I am looking for a workflow that means that I can have the random tile generation, but with the bolts in the corners not looking squashed. Please find attached an image of the result and the workflow. Please share if there are better ways to create this shape!

Thanks,

Michael

SquashTilesProblem.PNG

SquashTilesWorkflow.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Hi

Try the, very clever, method outlined by Nicolas Wirrmann in the link below:

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=29858.0

He shows a method using Flood Fill Index and an FX Map to put a single square in the corner of a random tile.He has attached a link to the SBS file so you can download it and look at the function graph in the Color/Luminosity (ie first) input of the Quadrant node in the FX map.

It is easy to substitute an image input for the square, to get the screwhead, and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try the, very clever, method outlined by Nicolas Wirrmann in the link below:

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=29858.0

He shows a method using Flood Fill Index and an FX Map to put a single square in the corner of a random tile.He has attached a link to the SBS file so you can download it and look at the function graph in the Color/Luminosity (ie first) input of the Quadrant node in the FX map.

It is easy to substitute an image input for the square, to get the screwhead, and to duplicate the FX Map node and change the offsets so that you get a screw in each corner, which is what I've done below.

2021-09-20_22-03-16.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave,

Thank you so much for the quick response. This gave me the means to the end. However I would like to know more about FX maps and their uses (they seem super powerful). Do you know of any good material to read or a good exercise in order to learn this tool better?

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines