• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform 2d for this?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this situation where I used a transform 2d to make my texture smaller a bunch of times by pressing divide. I don 't think transform 2d allows you to see any numerical data right? I replaced the transform 2d in this situation with a tile generator with 10X10 on X/Y amount. Do you have any other node you would use? Also I noticed that if I use in the Tile Generator , Image input filtering to Bilinear + midmaps, this causes some subtle black edges on every tile, to remove that I changed to bilinear....

Madeira3D_0-1674231846872.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

You could use the 2D transform node with a function tied to an additional input for scaling. Then altering the scaling is a simple matter of changing that single value.

In the example below, I added an input value to the 2D transform node and called it #scale

I added a function to drive the transform matrix for that same 2D transform node

I connect the additional input to an input value node where I could enter the scale

2023-01-21_15-52-20.jpg

The function driving the transform matrix is shown below. Reading left

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the 2D transform node with a function tied to an additional input for scaling. Then altering the scaling is a simple matter of changing that single value.

In the example below, I added an input value to the 2D transform node and called it #scale

I added a function to drive the transform matrix for that same 2D transform node

I connect the additional input to an input value node where I could enter the scale

2023-01-21_15-52-20.jpg

The function driving the transform matrix is shown below. Reading left to right:

It gets the #scale input value as a Float

It creates a Float 2 using the same float input twice

It feeds that to a Scale Matrix node which is then set to be the output for the function (right click and set as output node)

2023-01-21_15-54-57.jpg

I hope that helps

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davescm ,

Yes it does help, I actually thought about that but was wondering if most of the users do it manually with transform 2d, or use another node or create a modified transform2d with functions as input. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for most users 🙂  Personally, it depends on how I am using the node. For simple scaling, I tend to use 2D transformation. For more complex scaling, such as multiple inputs, varying size/position, etc. I go for  Tile Sampler

Dave 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Indeed, for simple transformations the Transformation 2D node is preferable, since it is an atomic node therefore will improve performance of the graph and possibly prevent adding a dependency to the package.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines