• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tree Trunk Material How-To

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can anyone help me with creating a tree trunk material like this in Substance 3D Designer? I have been trying but can't even get close. I am looking for a simple PBR material but no good tutorials. Can anyone please give me a hand? Thank you very much.

TOPICS
How to , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Try looking at the sbs attached and see if you can develop that that further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Can anyone help me with creating a tree trunk material like this in Substance 3D Designer?'

It looks like you may have intended adding an image. Can you add an exemple (join online and use the image icon at the top of the posting box)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trunk-1365263.jpg

Here is an example.\ I thought it would be interesting to create a pattern like this in SD. Obviously, I couldn't figure it out. I am not very good at Substance designer so some help and even a sample .sbs file would be very helpful. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at the sbs attached and see if you can develop that that further.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is helpful. Can you recommend any beginner tutorials on material creation in Substance Designer that actually explain what the nodes do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are two sources I would look at.

First the nodes reference under Substance Graphs in the Substance Designer documentaion

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sddoc/nodes-reference-for-substance-model-graphs-2152863...

For tutorials see here (you can filter to Substance Designer, and to experience level, at the left side of the page):

https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already did those tutorials. They were confusing and not very specific. The only videos I found helpful were the Substance Designer Quicktips. I hope there are more of those in the works. Any other beginner-friendly sources? Thank you and I appreciate the sample SBS file and help with my question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines