Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Blender add on gives weird results

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I made a substance graph in Designer and published it. Loaded into Blender 3.1.2. The result after generating/rendering the graph in Blender is not like the output in Substance Designer. Looks like a bit depth issue, with clipped values or compression errors. Everything is on 16bit. Anybody?sd_blender .jpg

TOPICS
How to , Import & Export , Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Hello Peter,

The difference may come from several things. First, I would check the output size is the same between Substance 3D Designer and Blender. I would also check that the maps are on the same bit level (as you already did), but most of all, Blender is using the CPU to render the SBSAR which is maybe not the case for Substance 3D Designer.

To check and switch which engine is working on Substance Designer:

Tools > Switch engine… (or the F9 key).

SSE2 will be the CPU and Direct3D the G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

The difference may come from several things. First, I would check the output size is the same between Substance 3D Designer and Blender. I would also check that the maps are on the same bit level (as you already did), but most of all, Blender is using the CPU to render the SBSAR which is maybe not the case for Substance 3D Designer.

To check and switch which engine is working on Substance Designer:

Tools > Switch engine… (or the F9 key).

SSE2 will be the CPU and Direct3D the GPU. There might be a slight difference between the CPU render and the GPU render. If this difference looks like the issue in blender, you can simply adapt the graph with the SSE2 engine on.

If the problem persists, it probably comes from the integration in blender.

Keep me up to date and have a nice day,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying! I tested it and it is what you said it is. Is there a moment in time Blender will use Directx / gpu for generating graphs?
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines