Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uv seams show on the model

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i am newbie in SD i made assets for learning on it how to create Texture-Gen my problem is the uv seams creates cuts on the model in preview and i made test on the output texture its shows black line in the texture in the same place

could someone guide me why this happen and how to fix it thank you

ntoe:i am not english speaker i hope you excuse me for any mistakes seams.sD.png

TOPICS
3D View , Bakers , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

what you mention is not the real problem i will explain what i mean "you know my english is not good but i hope you understand it"

when i you apply a height map on plane the plane border get stretched beased on the height "the border start get wiggly and following the map up and down" and this what happen in my case each cell has its own border and when i inject the opacity mask into height node the border respond to the height map its looks black line becuse the opacity mask uniform white color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tj288849973sf7,

Thanks for the message.

The UV seams on your model are most likely due to your Height map. When you have a non uniform Height map on a 3D model (or specific smoothing groups), the seams will turn apparent inside Substance 3D Designer. 

Therefore, if you won't use your Height map in your rendering software, I would advise you to simply turn the Height off in Substane Designer.

3D view>Materials>Default>Edit>Height Scale and set it to 0.

Or, you could try to avoid specific height values where the seams are, but it can be a complicated task.

Tell me if you need more guidance and have a nice day.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I did what you suggest but the seams still shows in the textures when I remove the height the seams shrinking down but its stil on the 3d view and on the generated texture I saw couple YouTube video and the guys who did the bake and import UV to graph the dont get any seams on their models what's is the main problem is it the poly count my model low poly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tj288849973sf7,

The poly count has probably nothing to do with the issue. With that being said, could you share with me your graph and your 3D model, so I can dig deeper into your issue ? You can send it to me directly if you want more privacy.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the opacity map background pure black i used level to make it gray its kinda work but my knwoldge in desinger not help me to understand it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment about the opacity map gave me a lead. The problem could be related to the Dilation parameter of the baking. 

The Dilation (also nammed padding) is a process that will dilate the border of your UV islands to avoid certain types of visual issues.

An example with a Base ColorAn example with a Base Color

If the Dilation (padding) value is too low, it could result with too "small" islands for the opacity map, turning the pixels near the seams black, so 0% opacity.

My advise would be to make sure the Dilation value from your baking is set to a correct amount and reload your maps inside Substance 3D Designer.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what you mention is not the real problem i will explain what i mean "you know my english is not good but i hope you understand it"

when i you apply a height map on plane the plane border get stretched beased on the height "the border start get wiggly and following the map up and down" and this what happen in my case each cell has its own border and when i inject the opacity mask into height node the border respond to the height map its looks black line becuse the opacity mask uniform white color all over the uv shell when i reduce the black value from the opacity mask i was just reducing the height "as you know pure white full height -pure black full depth" in genral i was trying to achive what i want in wrong way a better why i think still not try it is to use idMAp and try to avoid coloring the border

in the end i hope i slove your problem and i hope you enjoy your substance mister cyril 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines