Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UV spline, how?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UVsplain.jpg

 Does anyone have an idea how to make  such a UV splaine  with  U and V gradients following? I think  U one is possible to do with bevel  node from initilly binary black and white split  sides   distorted into  something bent .  But how to do V one  fading along the curve?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kirkr5689,

Knowing the direction of a spline at a given point is feasible but technically very challenging to do efficiently. Unfortunately there are no nodes allowing to do this easily at this point in time, but we have been tackling this for some time now.

Here are some solutions for working with curves:

Eventually we will find an efficient solution for this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for those links. Look  amazing and ingeniouce.   But  it's  still  placing those  curve nodes  manually, right.  Not much different than  doing it in a vector soft  I did my initial picture in. 

What I am trying to achive is creating a kind of directional flow    after  edge detect  node.  Looks like bevel nodes does it  for U ( with a little bit blur).    Perhaps there is a way to get 90 deg  of that in many points and  somehow rotate  a linear gradient ( vertical in this picture) accordingly ?. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines