Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Value processor as another attribute input

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a value processor that calculates a float number for me, and I would like this value to be the input of an exposed attribute.

How could do this? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Substance Graph , Substance Model Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the node with the exposed parameter and in 'Input value's click the '+' symbol. This will give an input value to the node that you can plug the output of the Value Processor into.

Now go to the currently exposed parameter and change it to "Use input Value"

See example below of the Value Processor controlling the opacity of a Blend node

2022-03-22_22-09-26.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, 

Thank you for your response but what I actually want to do is to use this value as input of another "global exposed attribute", like when you expose the roughness amont of a material.

The final intention is to be able to read this value from an external software like Unity.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can have a parameter both exposed and driven by the value processor at the same time. So you could drive it by the processor, using the method shown, until you are ready to publish and have it driven externally. At that point expose the parameter instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please note value can be connected to Output nodes directly. In this example, a roughness graph input parameter drives the result of a Value processor node which is connected to the graph's Roughness output.

LucaGiarrizzo_0-1648451961853.png

I hope this is informative!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines