Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird wave patterns on the surface of my output maps in Substance Designer

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm relatively new to substance designer and encountered an error when following a tutorial that I don't know how to fix. In the attached image you can see these weird wavy patterns that almost look like a "topography map". I tried blurring out the map and instead new topography-like lines show instead of just blurring out the lines. My substance material is already in 4k resolution and the preview in marmoset which is where this picture was taken already has a level 5 subdivision at 24 million polys so I'm not sure what the issue is here. I didn't know what to look up on google to fix this issue, I tried a couple searches but couldn't find anything related to my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Brick_Wall_Waves.PNGBrick_Wall_Wave_Blend.PNGBrick_Wall_Waves_Normal_Map.PNGNormal_Map_Settings.PNG

TOPICS
General , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Nevermind, I found the solution. It had something to do with the uniform color plugged into my switch grayscale node not being 16bit like all the other maps in my graph.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, I found the solution. It had something to do with the uniform color plugged into my switch grayscale node not being 16bit like all the other maps in my graph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines