Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow to export beyond document borders

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for a workflow to export not only the tile I see, but also the one that would be on top/left/right/bottom relative to the visible texture. Since Designer is procedural, it should be capable of generating data "beyond" borders of the visible document. Is there some feature to export such "tiles"?

One thing I found is the Tiling parameter of Materials->Default->Edit. Scaling it up, the texture gets smaller in a nonrepeating pattern. Thus the following imaginary workflow could work. Does somebody know how to actually do it?...

1. Set Tiling to 2

2. Export upper left quadrant in full resolution (e.g. 4096)

3. Export upper right quadrant in full resolution

4. Export lower left quadrant in full resolution

4. Export lower right quadrant in full resolution

Maybe there's an easy Designer feature for this and I just don't know about it.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Hi, you said "One thing I found is the Tiling parameter of Materials->Default->Edit. Scaling it up, the texture gets smaller in a nonrepeating pattern"

That is not what I see here. Adjusting the UV Tiling parameter merely repeats the tile across the UV of the object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you said "One thing I found is the Tiling parameter of Materials->Default->Edit. Scaling it up, the texture gets smaller in a nonrepeating pattern"

That is not what I see here. Adjusting the UV Tiling parameter merely repeats the tile across the UV of the object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you are right. I was blinded by having found some way, that it looked to me as nonrepeating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, you must have made a good job of the tile if it appeared non repeating 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines