• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same answer /path to resource checkbox please

Enthusiast ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open some old sbs file  you usually sit for  5 minutes or more  hitting "no"   for some missing resource   again  and again till you see something on your screen.

Could you please add a checkbox  to answer same "no"  to all such  requests   and to  use same path to all  missed images after you point to first one.

it's so excruciatingly  annoying and time consuming  I often  start from scratch again.   This software behavior   eliminates  the main advantage of  Substance Designer , reusing  old assets  and quickly re-building  new versions.

I tried to persuade chatGPT  to make me a python script that would  relink  all images to same another folder but no success yet.   It doesn't work nicely  with anything but Blender really .

Editing  sbs in a text editor is  very annoying too . it's a one never ending  line of text .     Please  make it readable  at least .  Add some formatting  please. 

Idea Under review
TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Hi @kirkr5689,

Thanks for the request.

This is something that is regularly asked, and we're looking for solutions, but this would come with a global rework of the Dependency Manager.

That being said, a simple "No to all" would indeed already help. I'll share this request with the team.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kirkr5689,

Thanks for the request.

This is something that is regularly asked, and we're looking for solutions, but this would come with a global rework of the Dependency Manager.

That being said, a simple "No to all" would indeed already help. I'll share this request with the team.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate