• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

visual and numeric representation of what each node doing in pixel and value processors.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know  there is output node I can set randomly to any node. But it's mostly unusable  if output require  other format.   I open  some pixel processor and couldn't understand a thing usually.   It's very SD thing actually.

Super cyiptic and undeciferable.

Let's see at Blender for example .   It's shader editor  made me learn about  CG  a lot just by ability to show real time    output for evry math opration  ( with  help of some normalization on and off) . It's very visually illustrative.  It's geometry nodes  "viewer" node  shows your a lot what's actually happening   in each stage of node flow, up to exact digits.    

In SD it's a crypto puzzle you  have to figureout  yourself . Please do something with it.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Please do something with it.'

Hi

It is not very clear what you are asking for.

In a Substance Graph you can double click any node and its output will be shown in the 2D View

In a function graph, you can copy your function into a value processor node which will display the ouput that you set as the output node. Once you understand it then you can copy the function to where you want to use it.

The pixel processor just runs the same function for every pixel in the input image, so again you can set the 2D view to the Pixel processor node whilst you test adjust the functions. You can also test your function by substituting image sampling nodes by fixed values and testing it, or elements of it, in a value processsor

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.    Copying functions or parts of pixel processor  into value processor is a good advice.

Still it's a kind of inconvenient .  

So to be specific what I am asking are:

1.  2d viewport has normalize button. I am working with floating point math and it shows nothing most of a time .

2. both pixel and value processor shows output of any selected node , a picture  or numbers  or a list  of numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate