Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter Save, Auto Save and Save As stops responding mid project

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help?

For EVERY PROJECT I work on midway through the program stops saving. When I try to use "save as" as an alternative nothing happens and I am forced to quit the application (without any saving anything) and literally re-start or go back to the last point it saved. I absolutely love Substance painter, even before Adobe purchased the program. But it's getting more and more difficult to use it because i cannot save any of my work! 

All of my programs are up-to-date and i'm so tired of having to delete substance and re-download. Nothing I do works! 

Does anyone have an tricks or shortcuts they use for this problem? Can anyone help me figure out this issue? In desperate need to find a solution, otherwise i'll have to find another program. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @KapriB,

Thanks for the report.

Are you by any chance saving your projects in a cloud server? If so, Substance Painter can have trouble saving considering it needs an account authentification, which the software can't do.Therefore, you must map/mount the path.

In addition, you have to know that most saving issues are due to a corrupted resource in the shelf. You can try File > Remove unused resources, but there's a lot of chances that you'll need to locate yourself which resource is the source of the trouble.

Regards, 

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources