Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

30 day Painter trial crashes to white screen

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Substance Painter 30 day trial edition crashes to a white screen on startup. I had a temp fix - turning off my Cintiq and using one monitor would let me start the program for awhile, but even that seems to have stopped working.

Both versions (Allegorithmic's 2020 version on Steam and Adobe's 7.4.1) have both done the same thing - they'd allowed me to use the program once or twice with no problem, then started crashing one hundred percent of the time past that point.

Solutions tried:
- I have two monitors (one cintiq, and I've tried moving the monitor cables as suggested and turning off one)
- Device manager says I have up to date drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super

I don't have a lot of technical skill so I'm having a hard time knowing what to try next. It's a brand new computer and a super simple low poly model. I saw that their might be a fix coming shortly, but in the meantime any kind of work around would help.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take this one step at a time and try getting it working on a single monitor reliably before adding the second.

Try updating the driver for the RTX 2070 Super. Your log says you have version 442.50. The latest studio driver is 472.84.

When installing the Studio driver, choose Advanced options and check  "Clean install". Uncheck the option to install Game Ready additions

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk#

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so very much for your help! I've done what you've mentioned and it still crashes, but at least that's one thing to tick off on the list! 🙂

For others with this problem, I can get it to reliably start on the non-cintiq/display 2 if I go into the Nvidia control panel and turn off the cintiq display there, but it doesn't feel like an especially sustainable way of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, SP has wanted to start on what is defined in Windows as your #1 screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources