• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A shading solution to get more accurate roughness between Substance Painter and Unreal Engine 5

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I am making a Sci-Fi gun model that I want to showcase in Unreal Engine 5. I have decided to create the textures in Substance Painter and am having issues getting it to be consistent between the two.
Posted below are examples of the shading differences between the applications. UE5 seems much more reflective then Substance at the same roughness level. I am using the UE4 packed template in Substance.
Is there a way I could get Substance to have shading more like UE5 that way I could work on the textures knowing they will look accurate in UE5?
I don’t have much experience working between UE5 and Substance so perhaps I missed something.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I also posted this on the Unreal Forums I'll update this if I find a solution

Thanks a bunch!

-Elliot

Substance Painter 

Painter 1.png

UE5

UE 1.png

Substance painter

Painter 2.png

UE5

Ue 2.png

TOPICS
Color Management , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Hey the solution was very simple I had to set an sRGB channel to off in UE5 Thanks to ZacD on the Unreal Forums for the solution!

Solution: https://sbcomputerentertainment.com/other-2/editor/how-to-import-substance-painter-textures-into-ue4/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey the solution was very simple I had to set an sRGB channel to off in UE5 Thanks to ZacD on the Unreal Forums for the solution!

Solution: https://sbcomputerentertainment.com/other-2/editor/how-to-import-substance-painter-textures-into-ue4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources