• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 3D Apps should be included in the Creative Cloud All Apps Plan. Change my mind.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the 'Creative Cloud All Apps' plan, in the Creative Cloud App when you click on the 'All Apps' tab and scroll down you'll notice 'Substance 3D Painter', 'Substance 3D Designer', 'Substance 3D Stager', and 'Substance 3D Sampler' under the "Apps to try". These are all apps in the Creative Cloud App, yet they are not included in a plan that is named 'Creative Cloud All Apps'. I literally use three apps, Photoshop, llustrator and After Effects. Yet a program I use was bought by Adobe and added to the suite yet not to the plan.

Adobe I request to please add these 3D applications on the Creative Cloud All Apps plan. The subscription literally says, all apps. not some apps, not most apps, but all apps.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.
The 3D offer is a separate offer from  'Creative Cloud All Apps', it is a new offer and quite unique for 3D.
We will forward your feedback about the apps your are using most. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I noticed the 'Substance 3D Collection' and 'Substance 3D Texturing' plans, however the fact of matter is that the name of the 'Creative Cloud All Apps' plan is a misleading name since it in fact does not include all apps. 

This acquisition of Allegorithmic was almost two years ago (January 2019). In a past blog you'll see plenty of people were asking if/when it would be incorporated in the 'Creative Cloud All Apps' plan back then. In this blog you'll see plenty of people justifiably upset that it's not in the "All Apps" plan, and a couple arguing about this being "false advertisement" for a couple of reasons I won't go into. When you "forward [my] feedback about the apps [I'm] using most", just know that there are a lot of people upset that it's not included in the 'All Apps' plan. Atleast change the name so it's not so misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, the "Substance Texturing ($19.99mo)" plan is not available to business accounts, only individual accounts. Business accounts can only purchase the "Substance 3D Collection ($99.99mo)" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who manages accounts for a small studio, I don't understand why there still is only one option given to access substance apps for business accounts. Let alone as the only option, it's almost twice the price in comparison to the All Apps subscription. 
It's very frustrating as an admin when I have artists that only need just one of the apps like, Substance Painter; to swallow such a high subscription price point, knowing they would only be using one or possibly two of the apps in the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe "CC All apps" is all Creative Cloud apps. It has never included all Adobe apps - for example Adobe Captivate and Adobe Framemaker are separate applications outside of the Creative Cloud group. So having a separate suite, in this case for 3D, is not unprecedented.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But while Adobe Captivate and Adobe Framemaker aren't on the Creative Cloud App/Desktop. All of the 3D Apps are in fact on the Creative Cloud Suite/App/Desktop, they even have their own category specifically for them "3D and AR" along with being shown in the "All apps" tab.

CreativeCloud_1.PNGCreativeCloud_2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are on the Creative Cloud Desktop, have their own tabs and show in the All apps tab, wouldn't one presume that they are in fact a Creative Cloud App? And should be on the All App Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are using Creative Cloud which is installed on all our machines to advertise the new substance 3d products, and give us easy access to the trials.   But I'm 100% with you that these should be included for a number of reasons. 

A.  When they moved to subscription plans they combined many of their seperate "collections" and used that combining to sell the idea of this subscription format.  Now you got ALL apps, one of the great features you get to make it  worth the annual payments.    The couple apps they never brought into it, framemaker and captivate were always a strange decision to most inquiring why. But they were always seperate apps, not seperate collections. Both had a very specialized need.

B.  Adobe has always failed at 3d offerings in the past but not without trying, and therefore getting us to try try try to learn to use their 3d offerings within photoshop and illustrator..  Now they have purchased Substance3d and decided to completely drop 3D from Photoshop.  Understandably why, given this substance3d app now in Adobe skinned software is simply amazing.  But what has happened now is that our Photoshop and Creative Cloud All Apps package is now a lessor package than what we used to get.  And they have taken something that used to be in the Creative Cloud subscription and removed it and made it a separate subscription suite.

C.  I feel it's just your classic money grab by someone to show increased profits in a board room.  But I can just imagine how many people are turned off by this and how this is introducing a reason for a great many of your steadfast customers to start investigating other solutions for what we use Photoshop and Illusstrator and other mainstays of the subscription CC.  Why pay for the All Apps when it's no longer the All Apps or even the Best apps from Adobe?   Substance Painter for instance is exactly everything 3d in Photoshop always should have been.  Frankly,  I would rather pay for Substance package and find a replacement for photoshop out there.  So maybe I should drop our Creative Cloud All Apps subscriptions, go find a vector drawing app of choice, a photoshop imaging replacement of choice, somehow a replacement for Indesign, and then just pay for the lower price Substance package.  I for one never even entertained the idea of leaving Adobe's main package.  But now I'm thinking...while I'm watching a Substance 3d webinar and outraged that photoshop was never as good as substance painter.  Of course Microsoft's free 3d painter was even better than Photoshop ever was at it.  Dimension? More limited software. Toss it all out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long winded as I already was I would like to add, that a huge reason I use adobe products is for virtual presentation of our designs and artwork, visualizations in arch/eng and product design. I'm astounded with how much better the Substance3d addition is at all of these things than all the previous offerings Adobe has given us.  I see these new offerings under the Adobe flag as where I always expected their applications to one day get to if they started combining some of them. Alas, us Creative Cloud all apps folks are getting left behind once again. Not by outside competition this time but by the very company we've been paying this time.   Now they want to call it virtual photography as if it's something different than Adobe Dimension or what we created or hacked together manually with photoshop and illustrator in the past?  

It was always insane that it was such a chore and hapless result trying to make seamless textures with photoshop.  Same for trying to simply paint on a 3d object, or simply navigate around a 3d object in photoshop or Dimension.  Very wise move to bring Substance 3d into the fold.  Just unwise keeping it separate if you ask me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole idea of "All Apps" was to try and convince us that this CC Marketing scam was going to be a good deal.  The response is that additional apps, which might generate additional income for Adobe, should not be given away for free. As a former Framemaker trainer, I applaud Microsoft and Google Docs for stepping into the gap. Adobe would do well to get Acrobat and the PDF format to integrate sufficiently into the Microsoft AI structure, that Adobe's PDF format can be useful once again in the Dataverse arena.

Yet another reason to continue the desperate search for "good enough" so as to stop funding Adobe attempts to corner the market. Yeeeeaaaaah Blender, Google Docs, and anything else with perpetual licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this. I've been using Blender which is free, but I have a CC account. I thought.. hmm why not try an Adobe 3D program, (even though we all know blender/cinema 4d is better.)

Found out it isnt included in CC plan. If I'm going to buy an app it's going to be cinema 4d, octane, or unreal engine, z brush, Houdini, sketchup, Maya, 3ds max, or any open source app. 

Not a good move Adobe!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so dissappointing. I was so happy to be able to use and learn this programs under my All Apps subscription. I agree, the name of the subscription is misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Substance 3D Texturing also should be a part of the "CC all programs" package! Right or not, but the fact that it's not included, and I must buy another plan, makes me feel tricked.

When I pay my monthly plan, year after year, I also expect Adobe to use a part of that revenue to create new tools. So it's comparable to, if Adobe made a new Photoshop with 3D-paint, that was not included...

I have been using Photoshop for creating textures to my 3D works since ~1996, so for me Adobe and 3D has always went hand in hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! The updates for Photoshop, Premiere, and other basic Adobe applications aren't super useful. 3D is incredibly useful. Asking for a seperate subscription for the 3D programs feels exploitative. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I find a little sad is that as a motion designer, in the creative cloud "All Apps" plan I do not use all apps. For example I never installed Adobe XD, Dreamweaver or Dimension. But I'd love to have Substance painter for example. Why can't I swap it with the apps I don't use? What would be great is a bundle, at a similar price as the creative "all apps" plan which would include substance apps with video and photography apps, and exclude the web design apps. Or whatever Adobe could come up with. But it feels so unfair to have to pay extra for apps you need while Apps you don't need are in the Creative plan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I've no need for Substance Stager, Substance Designer, and some other apps; I only desire Substance 3D Painter and Substance 3D Modeler. That's it. But in order to even get access to Modeler, I must pay $50/month or almost $500/year. It's absurd, and this is the main reason I no longer like Adobe. They're forcing us to pay for a collection of software we don't need or want in order to use a couple of apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance 3D Texturing should be a part of “All Programs”! This is not OK Adobe...

We don’t need any of the ‘web apps’, like 3D Assets, 100 GB storage, fonts etc. just the basic Substance Tools for doing creative texturing just as we have done in PhotoShop since back in the days 25 years ago!

Adobe pulled the deal I already had with Allegorithmic, then I was hopeful it should benefit me as an Adobe customer later… but the tools never showed up in my “All Programs”- subscription, it sucks... I really had the idea that I was paying for Adobes All Programs for Creatives.  "All Programs" yeah sure….

Adobe could have made me a ‘happy customer’ here, but Adobe chose to maximize the profit instead of the user experience.

I’ll create my own software! 😝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, newbie here, just discoving this suite of apps. I too have an individual account and I also thought this was part of my CC monthly purchased account. Or rather, was HOPING because as a packaging designer, I need more integration into the standard Illustrator/Photoshop set up I use. I am sure if you are also involved in this industry there is well known software that is already the industry standard. If Adobe hopes to rise to the needs or have superior capabilities, you would think they would offer this included into the CC family because people would switch over or begin to use it because its there. Specifically, if you want to maintain industry relevence, give your loyal costomers a reason to maintain our creative framework with Adobe. That said, there is also the thought because we have to be here- no other alternative software I can consider as a professional designer- I am a captive audience. That leaves a very bitter taste and I am not happy about this but will try to watch the bootcamp and then decide. It sucks because it's all just a power grab, and it's just another expense for a single freelancer like me. $50 a month on top of the $60 I pay for CC is just too much. If I had to pay could you make it like $10 a month add on? Anything like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand substance being separate from the other apps. Most people that use Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and Illustrator do not need substance apps in a regular basis.
However, what I don't understand is that even though the substance apps are a separate subscription, they still use the same set of devices as the CC apps. So if you have 2 devices with CC you can't log into a third device to use Substance apps. That is abusive because you're paying for a separate subscription for the substance apps, so they should give you permission to use them on any 2 devices you want, even if they are not the same devices that you use the other CC apps.
If it's a separate subscription it should be completely separate, with different launch app, different devices, everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources