Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Substance Painter Crash on Launch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance Painter Crashes on Launch?

I thought i had a go at 'The Great Shoecase' but looks like my iMac's too old? Some other issue?

I'm currently stuck on:

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

iMac Late 2013

Processor 2,7 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Hi

Sorry about that, we are aware of an issue with Catalina & Painter 7.4.0 causing a crash at start, the bug fix is coming on next week, 7.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

We released Painter 7.4.1 that solves the issue on Catalina.
Hope that you have enough to do the contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry about that, we are aware of an issue with Catalina & Painter 7.4.0 causing a crash at start, the bug fix is coming on next week, 7.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when the update is coming? I've been without Painter for over a week and need it desperately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mid of the week if everything goes well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eesh. I need it for Monday. I've been able to download the older versions (finally). Thanks.

Just an FYI, on the web versions of CC  I was not able to view or install any older versions of Painter (Chrome and Firefox). However, on the app, I can download and view the older versions. Feels like it should work in both places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed you can find on Creative Cloud Desktop the previous version of Painter:

CedricMarchessoux_0-1639079271105.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice,

hope there'll be some time left to enter the Adobe Substance ShoeCase competition...

Cheers and thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible to update to a more recent version of MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legit question. However, for my job, Maya is my primary app and it's not working well with Monterey. I missed the Big Sur update (Maya again).

I got an old version of Painter to work, so I'm bueno! Thanks for everyones help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Cedric,

Unfortunately this is the highest OS my 'old hunk of Apple' allows to be installed.

I did try loading the Shoe into an older version of Allegoritmic Substance Painter, but the asset is too new and not backwards compatible? It would also mean missing out on the nifty new ASP features i guess. So i'll keep my fingers crosssed, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released Painter 7.4.1 that solves the issue on Catalina.
Hope that you have enough to do the contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... Im on Catalina and just started a 30 day trial.  The trial version is 7.4.0 ... when will this b updated to 7.4.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Cedric, thanks man! (Too bad i just read the email today, been kinda busy past days so it flew right past me, sorry for that) Awesome, just fired Painter up to quickly check it out and it works perfectly fine! Very smooth! About theGreat Shoecase competition, i will have to let it slide unfortunately because i feel there is just too little time left for now to do a proper entry, but i will certainly check these applications out tomorrow and over the upcoming days and remainder of the trial to try and grasp the possibillities! Awesome stuff and thanks again, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources