• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After baking wierd triangle shaped lines appeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried rebaking with different setting to no avail, according to me the uv's are good, so yeah I am absolutely clueless here is a screenshot of the issue:

1. Adobe_Substance_3D_Painter_-_WholeModelCUV1_20_11_2022_18_33_38__01__01.png

These weird lines are also visible on the model.

TOPICS
Baking , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Thanks for replying. I have fixed the issue by changing the model format from obj to fbx. I didn't have any issues with baking mesh maps from fbx. You might be right with saying that it was an UV issue but it seems only confined to the obj format. I aprecciate your very quick response time, if you have any further questions feel free to reply below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, would you mind sharing your model for us to test? With this picture alone it really looks like you have UV issues! Since you say this is a bug and that you're UVs are correct it might be a problem with the importing of your asset by Painter, a log (Help>Export a log...) would help us pinpoint the origin of the problem.

Thank you for your help,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I have fixed the issue by changing the model format from obj to fbx. I didn't have any issues with baking mesh maps from fbx. You might be right with saying that it was an UV issue but it seems only confined to the obj format. I aprecciate your very quick response time, if you have any further questions feel free to reply below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently I am short on time I will try to recreate the issue and pass on the log in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources