• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to project images from an imported camera or other object?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 🙂 

I am making an real object with photogrammetry.

To get more beautiful texture maps, I would like to use Substance Painter(SP) instead of Meshroom.

Apparently SP doesn't have a way to use camera settings like positions and rotations to project photos on the mesh.

These settings will automatically set planes used within Planar projection of Projection tools.

I have more than 50 photos to project on to the mesh.

If I set such positions of the photos manually, so much time and powers will be taken.

Is There any ways to automatically set planes to camera positions?

009.png

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm going back to the question. I also want to project a texture from an imported camera in order to correct a photogrammetry.

Would it be possible to add the "from camera" option in the projection type?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mdelneste,

This is an interesting suggestion, but we currently have no plans on this regard.

With that being said, maybe the 3D capture from Substance Sampler could interest you. It's also a photogrammetry feature, the Base color is applied from the pictures onto the mesh, and you can bake this Base Color on a Low Poly Model with Substance 3D Designer.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
would it be possible to add a camera mapping function?

This would make it possible to correct photogrammetries or do some camera projection mapping from multiples cameras.

Let me explain. For the moment, it's possible to paint from a camera, but the projection doesn't take the  informations from the camera or the image resolution and makes reprojection difficult. You need to align and scale the image by eye.

Would it be possible to add the "from camera" option in the projection type and choose wich camera i want to used?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources