• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying the baked mesh map normal back into a layer

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a decent normal map using a high polygon model projected onto my low poly mesh and I'd like to clean it up a little and do some cloning, so I figured I need to assign the generated normal map onto a new fill layer. Something went wrong and now my normals are showing obvious glitches at the texture seams. I've seen something like this happen when a normal map isn't interpreted as the correct color space (linear?), but I don't know if that's even related to what's happening to me.

Here's the baked mesh normals:

Screenshot 07-29-2021 17.44.11.png

And here's what it looks like when I tried applying that same normal map to a fill layer:

Screenshot 07-29-2021 17.44.34.png

What am I doing wrong??

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In texture set settings, under channels, you will see normal mixing. Try changing it from combine to replace.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you set the normal mixing mode in the texture set settings to replace rather than combine so it doens't combine your stack with the bake but replaces it instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources