• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baking trim sheet in Substance Painter problems

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to bake trim sheet in Substance Painter, but i am struggling with this weird problems. Most of trim sheet just baked well, but in some places some problems appear. Usually baking two normal maps: with average normals on and off and mixing it later helps, but right now i dont know what i am doing wrong. Or Substance Painter is just unsuitable for baking trim sheets like this?

TOPICS
Baking , Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late reply here but my way of troubleshooting this like this would be as follows:

Step 1. look at the Plane you are baking to, is properly placed at 0,0,0 and the uv's a perfect square matching what you are trying to achieve.

Step 2. Substance painter settings - how far out are you pushing the cage, try messing with both directions but here it seems to be mainly the outwards distance on the cage that could be clipping and not obtaining all the details, it does seem odd tho considering that it picks it up correctly in one side, which begs me to believe that the mesh you are baking from might be rotated a small amount, enough to skew everything on one side while baking the other fine, but with a small tilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources