• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

baking

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i  have been trying to bake from high poly to low poly in substance but it brings an error in the log " high poly mesh could not be found" the highpoly mesh has 1.8mil verts I'm using a 1050 gtx card 

i have even checked the naming and its correct for both meshes 

Screenshot (787).pngScreenshot (788).png

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your quoting error is mistaken, log states that high poly mesh could not be loaded, not found, it has been found, there is no path mistake. Try to update the driver version WHQL it's suggesting, but what i really think is that ram memory might be full? monitor your resources while trying to generate the maps, ram and vram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright i'ma check that ,, I actually use 8gb ram and my vram is 4gb so maybe The problem might be with my specs for that kind of polycount 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mi vram is 3gb, and i just loaded a 16 million poly mesh, but i have 32 GB of ram, so i think is the ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue today was baking a high poly mesh 80k tris to a low a poly but its not working im really fed ]

tried updating the drivers to the latest version but someone said its just a bug that substance will always give the popup message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i can tell there is a read only note in the program title, check if the high and low poly files are not read only set, in the other hand what happened with the resources while trying to bake the maps? you can also try to bake 512 pixels map, with no AA to check if it's a matter of requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stepping forward for error still happening, try to move both files to the same folder somewhere in the c:/users/public folder so there is no write restrictions to check if it is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried this now and the issue is still the same i dont know what to do now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey man issue fixed actually it was because of the filenaming inside my modelling software ,, talking about naming i understood it as the naming when saving is the one thats supposed to match but it was the other way round 

,,, thanks for the different suggestions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, there are 2 methods in painter, always match, or match by mesh name, not file name, there are tons of post regarding differences between those 2, short description i think always is usefull for 1 mesh by file (at least the low mesh) so everything in the high poly file is projected to the single low mesh in substance, if you have multiple low meshes in substance i think always just project high poly to the nearest low poly surface mesh by mesh. The "By name" method only projects high to low when they have the same name and only vary the fields suffix _Low and suffix _high or whatever you put on them as the end name of the low and high poly meshes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just a tip, i checked that high poly files dont need UV to bake correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources