• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to bake zipper

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i'm trying to figure out the best way to solve this, i have jacket low poly and high poly made in zbrush and with a retopology made in Maya, the thing is that there is a separate zipper in the same scene in zbrush, how can i get it to be baked in substance? it's pretty long and have 65k polys, so i imagine i have this options (jacket and stripes are the same mesh)

1 - Project the zipper over the jacket with mediocre results in zbrush and use it as a single mesh, for wich i'll need some ID map latter on to apply some different materials in substance

2 - Somehow retopologize the zipper by it's own and bake normal/displacement in zbrush, and work jacket and zipper in separated scenes in substance each with their own maps.

3 - i think this is the way but don't know how to do it, make low mesh jacket in substance get baked high poly jacket-zipper details as a single mesh, btw the zipper have no UV so far, will this bring some problem when trying to bake high to low?

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?