• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending modes for Normal mapping not working

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several masked layers that I need to overwrite the normal channel of the whole stack where their mask is white.  On my PC workstation this works fine by setting the normal channel (and usually height) of those layers to "normal" or "replace".  However, I just noticed on my M1 Max Macbook Pro it is not working as expected.

It appears that it is ignoring all blending modes for the normal channel, possibly height as well.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
i'm experiencing the same issue, did you get an answer to your problem or did you find a workaround ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to make it work ( thanks Magdalena Dadela ) 
change to "replace" in the channel menu instead of combine ( remove normal map from the baked mesh maps 
and then create a fill layer at the bottom of your stack with your Normal map in the NRM  Material channel. 
add on top a fill layer with Normal blending mode  for height values

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources