• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brand new to substance painter, ffbx isn't importing properly. Please help!

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S I'm brand new to painter, I'm actually using the demo trying to figure out if it's for me.

My first impression is that it completely butchers my uv unwrapped mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

whatisent.jpgwhatigetinsubstance.jpg

TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you do not have UVs in the fbx you generate in Blender. Use Auto UV unwrap in Painter
https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/automatic-uv-unwrapping-188974350.html
In Painter check the option Auto UV unwrap in the new project window and in the options (click options), make sure to have Recompute all) and if you have UVs then use "Generate only missing data" then Auto UV unwrap will only compute what is missing.
In Blender, to generate UVs, go to "UV Editing" mode, then in Object Mode select the objet, "Select > all" then on the left UV viewport  you shoud see the UVs, other wise "UV > Unwrap", then save export in fbx. You can manually modifiy them, and if you want to export several to several Texture Sets, then Assign a different material to each part.

Hope this is useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used zen UV to generate the UVs and gave unique names to the UVs,  no luck.  😞   Thank you for trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have for the UV mapuvmap.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many islands may slow down performance in Painter, better to split in materials in Blender and so in Texture Sets in Painter. 
and increase the size of the islands per Material or Texture Sets to:
This will also allow you to increase the texel density in the UV space [0,1] and therefore improve the quality of your texturing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm actually new to blender as well. I didn't join the mesh objects.  Would that cause the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources