• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I keep using Substance Painter on Steam after 2022?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking of buying SP on steam since it seems like a 1 off purchase.

I think previously, before Adobe aqcuired SP, if you bought it on Steam you could keep using it after a new version comes out. You would only miss out on new yearly release.

Can I keep using Substance Painter on Steam after 2022? Or will Adobe ask me to renew a licence again?

The thing is, I am not a professional, I cant justify the 20 dollar a month subscription to access SP. I wont be using it to make money, just to learn 3D modeling and texturing. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

You can use it indefinitely, but you will only get updates for 2022 version, meaning if you want to upgrade to 2023 for whatever features it brings whenever that comes you will have to pay an upgrade price (or full price, dont know yet but typically is not a full cost)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use it indefinitely, but you will only get updates for 2022 version, meaning if you want to upgrade to 2023 for whatever features it brings whenever that comes you will have to pay an upgrade price (or full price, dont know yet but typically is not a full cost)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources