• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import Substance Painter assets

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import several .sbsar assets to my library, but regardless of importing them as alpha, basematerial, filter, generator, procedural, or texture, I get the "[Resource Import] ... cannot be imported as..." error. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but there aren't any clear instructions on how to import these assets.

This is one of the several assets. They're all stitches and seams like this one.
https://substance3d.adobe.com/assets/allassets/428ec3393f0d1d58f556c304a467427d008a530e?assetType=su...

Substnace Painter 7.4.3

Windows 10 21H1

TOPICS
Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either download them direct into your library shelf folder on your PC or, as I do, have a separate folder and point to it in Substance Painter > Settings >Library locations

davescm_0-1665263972165.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dragging and dropping them into the library folder, but they still don't show up in the application. In the attached images, you can see both the cotton pinpoint material and etched metal in both the folder and the application, but the double top stitched seam still won't import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not sure what to suggest. To test it, I've just downloaded Double Top Stitched Seam into my library shelf folder under Materials and it shows up straight away when I filter on' Fabric'

2022-10-09_21-36-24.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Would you mind sharing a log (go to help>export a log...)

Thank you,

Geoffroy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources