• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continued Support for Substance Painter version 2021.1.1 (7.1.1.) with new license?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am coming to the end of my annual Substance Painter license in November, and before I renew, I need to understand whether I can continue to use the version I have currently installed (2021.1.1 (7.1.1.) build 954) which runs fine on my Windows 7.1 OS.   I am aware of the fact that all of the new Substance 3D applications list Windows 10 as the minimum requiremnts, so I haven't been able to download any of these newer versions; however I can get my work done just fine with the version I am using.  

I note that the license page says that activation of the new Substance 3D software can be done by placing a new license key in the appropriate directory.  So I am hopeful that I can renew my subscription in November and simply  place the new license key in the appropriate directory and continue to work with my old version of Substance Painter and Designer that work on Windows 7.1.   Can someone from Adobe please clarify whether this will work?     

FYI: I am in the middle of a multiyear movie project using multiple other Adobe Applications (Premeire Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, as well as the Substance Suite) and note that my annual renewal of the Creative Cloud suite still allows me to use the older versions of Premeire Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc that run on Windows 7.1.   

If this is not the correct forum for this post, please direct me to where I should post it.   Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really appreciate an answer to the above question from Adobe which I posted on September 6.

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been nearly a month since I posted the above question and still have not received an answer.  This should be a simple yes or no answer to anyone from Adobe.  If no one here knows the answer can someone at least point me to where I  might get an answer?  I find it difficult to believe that  no one at Adobe knows the answer? As explained above,  I simply want to know if there is any way  I can continue to work on the version of Substance Painter I have currently installed (2021.1.1 (7.1.1.) build 954) on my Windows 7.1 computer after renewing my Annual Subscription next month?  It is not clear from any online information I could find.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone else has this issue, I was able to get clarification by writing directly to  contact@substance3d.com.  The answer is that with the new substance3d subscription, you no longer have access to any version of Substance Painter prior to ver 7.2.,  meaning that you have to update to at least Windows 10 to run the susbstance applications.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources