Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when docking display setting pallet

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am on a Alienware Aurora AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz with rtx3090

I just installed the latest version of adobe Substance Painter to replace my older algorythmic subscription.

I open substance painter  ( latest version installed and up to date as of Nov 16 2021 ....7.3.0 build 1272  ) 

I try to dock either the Shader settings or Display Setting pallet to a new location in my window and it crashes each time. I dont have a file open ( so not a file issue )  but the same crash happens  if I open a working file. Its fine if I leave the Display settings as a floating pallet ...but I prefer to dock it. 

I am able to dock other palletes to different locations  such as the history or log pallet but not shader setting or display settings. 

* my first instinct is to update my GPU drivers ...so I will try that but recently updated them. 

* I will try reinstalling it through cloud but means I have to reinstall my assets ( not sure why the adobe version only installs some of my assets and not others...very confusing...but I did copy items from the algorythmic "shelf" location toe my new adobe "assets" location such as my alphas and smart materials ) 

* I have heard there maybe a conflict with a open chrome window so I shut that down. 

* I do have an older algorythmic version of subtance still on my pc using the launcher ( I dont have the same problem with this slightly older version )  note: I shut the launcher down when I open the new adobe version of substance. 

Any help would be "helpful"...or .....I just dont dock the display settings pallet where I usually like to keep it and let it float around all willy nilly getting in the way and causing a nuisance ....or see if I can load a slightly older version. 

I sent the crash report of to the Adobe substance chappies and will see if that does anything. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you have send your crash report normally our QA team should have answered to you.
Thanks
Is your pb taking into account or fixed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I did send the crash report ..I got one email with this 

"Your bug report (175925) has been received and is being reviewed by our QA staff.

We would like to thank you for helping us improving our software, and we will contact you if we have questions regarding this report.

If you want help to use the software, our team and community will be happy to help you on our forum!.'

That was the last email I got. 

I updated to Substance 7.4 which wwas released two days ago and still the same problem when I open dispay settings and try to dock the floating pallete ...SP crashes immediatly each and every time. It also happens on a older version of 2021.1.1

I dont have a file open. 

I am on a Alienware Aurora AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz with rtx3090 which other than this issue has been a good stabel rig for previous versions of  Substance painter ( pre Adobe ) ...this is my first attempt to use substance directly from Adobe.

Not sure if its a issue with GPU drivers but will update them again and see. 

Or some sort of Java script setting that is causing problems ?

I am hesitant to completely uninstall all substance products and reload them as I am now just guessing as to the source of the problem. Mainly I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or its a known issue ?

"

and another email with this 

I recently loaded version substance Painter 7.4 and the issue of docking the Display Settings pallete continues to crash SP. 

I have no file open ....I take the DS pallete and set it into the docked palletes and immediatly SP crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our QA team colleague contacted you directly.
Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, this is also happening to me on my Aurora R12, which is for the record the worst supposedly high power computer ever made hahaha, I burned money on this one. 

Anyhow, when I try to change my display settings, sp freezes up, no crash report to be sent unfortunately... 

I have updated, changed all teh tdr bull crap and everything... This happens to my students on their computers as well. Additionally, You need to fix the freeze when I open up substance painter with multiple monitors... 

This is a fairly easy issue to fix in code, please freakin' fix it, its been going on too long. I hate that substance painter is owned by you all to begin with. If you want to make a good impression, fix the gosh darn bugs yall. Please reach out to me here or tell me when the new update fixes this. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources