• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Shelf

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to SP and currently have 7.4.    I would like to create a Shelf but I'm having trouble understanding the correct method. I don't want to start creating directories and assigning them to wrong locations.

I've looked up some youtube tutorials but they appear to be created for older versions and they don't help. 

To sum up my request, here is what I am attempting to do.

-create a Shelf 

-how to add directories to that shelf. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recommend that you read the documentation about it: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/adding-a-new-library-217187077.html.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffroy.

I appreciate you taking time out to reply.   I did look over your link but sadly it didn't help me so I'm attaching a screenshot to help illustrate my problem.

The red box is MY  S.P.    The green box is the TUTORIAL VIDEO.   As you can see, HIS program has the word "shelf" & a very specific selection of directories that he can click and access his content.     

My program does not have "shelf" but rather "assets" and the directories below it are nowhere near the same as his, in fact most are grayed out.   

It took me some time to figure out that I have (as an example) a "grunge" directory.   The only reason I found it was because I was just clicking (exploring) various directories until I stumbled across it by accident.   Because I'm new to SP this is very confusing especially when I'm trying to follow a tutorial video.  Also, the yellow box I discovered allows me to select various directories, BUT, they remain grayed out until I click on one and THEN does the subdirectory appear and now I can open and select options from there.   There is too much navigating at this point for me and it's slowing me down with the tutorials. 

I would like to arrange my directories (if it's possible) so they look like his and I can have immediate access instead of hunting through all the subdirectories until I find what I'm looking for.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The shelf changed quite a lot with the 7.2 release. It is now an asset pannel.

There isn't any video tutorial on this specific subject for now. 

I can only redirect you toward the documentation: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/assets-29130763.html

Kind regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Thank you again for your input and documentation.  Now that is one less detail for me to scratch my head over.

I would like to ask one more question if you don't mind.   I'm starting to get the feel for SP and I have a technical question that has not been fully addressed in the tutorial I'm using.

The screenshot illustrates Hard Surface stamps being used.   The stamp in the green section of the model is clean and sharp.  In the red colored section it's grainy.   The model is the one provided for the tutorial so I'm curious if it's something that I did at my end, or is this due to the quality of the model itself or perhaps something else? 

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources