• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different Rotation of bricks?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a brick facade that is common in the UK, kind of like this. 

integral-blinds-in-windows

I'm really strugling with this, I am sort of new to substance painter. The best I've been able to get is this

OP1kcNY

Doesn't look great, but looks okay I guess. The way I did it was seperated a bit out of the window and extruded it and gave it a bit and pulled it out a bit. I then used a procedural texture from the marketplace and edited the amount of bricks and offset to get that. I'm wondering if there is any better way of doing this/making it look better? Would love some advice on this, I just want to be pointed in the right direction of a good workflow as I've tried searching and can't find much. Thanks for any help 🙂

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe, add a blank paint layer above the brick layer... and then disable all material property toggles excet height... set the height uniform color to -1 and paint over the grout between the bricks to add depth to the bricks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources