• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Evaluating Painter, can't get gravity to work properly

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating Substance Painter, and the first object I am working on, I am trying to use the rain particle brush to get a certain look. I have rotated the object in my 3D programme so that the front is not facing the top. (I'm trying to emulate the kind of streaks you would get from fast flight). However, when I pick the rain brush and paint it on the surface, the droplets run down the object in what look like completley arbitrary directions. I have tried to adjust the properties, and although I get the strok to alther, the direction it runds down the object does not. Can you help, need this to work. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your model doens't have a baked normal map applied, make sure to set the Normal Factor parameter of the brush to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Normal Factor made no difference to the direction the particles flowed. I gave up trying to figure it out, as it was only happening on a rotated (in another programme) version of the model. I figured out how to make the particles flow side ways instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources