• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export textures to multiple folders

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a game project, I have both game engine folders & my 3D scene folder. It could be super useful to add multiple export locations to my substance painter exporter, so I can update a characters texture in engine & in 3D scene at the same time, without having to manually enter the long paths twice each time I do an export

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also looking for a feature like this for almost exactly the same reasons.

I use a shared dropbox where I put the final files and also export straight into Unity asset folders. Going between the 2 is a hassle but has to be done every time I iterate on a texture.
Looking at the way the exporter is setup I had expected it to have a feature like this where I could set it up for multiple outputs at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also looking for a solution here. 
I not only need another location but a different workflow. 
Export to Unity and glTF formats in a single export.

Perhaps this could be scripted? Would be amazing to get some feedback here from someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looked into the scripting option and there is a decent example here with some comments to help Customise it further. Working for my needs now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources